I Saw Sufjan!

I saw the Sufjan Stevens show at Zellerbach Hall in Berkeley last night! It was a last minute surprise. The show was sold out, and Jeannette looked around online and considered buying expensive tickets on eBay, but decided not to. Less than an hour before the show started, Jeff called me up and apologetically asked me if I wanted to see Sufjan Stevens, because his friend Mark had bought a ticket for me, but Jeff hadn't realized it until that very moment. I ran all the way to the BART station.
The show was awesome! He played Sister, Casimir Pulaski Day, The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades, Seven Swans, and so many other great songs. There was a choir with him, which was amazing, and his band is awesome. But I was most struck by Sufjan himself. When he first started to sing (on Sister), his voice sounded so small, I thought he was really nervous. What a great voice! I thought he had a great stage presence, and he told really funny stories.

2 Comments:
Now everyone except Jeannette, Mark, Pop, Isaac, Jonah, & Oona has seen Sufjan in person. And even more people have seen David Sedaris (i think) so, we have to get the rest of the gang off to see them!
wasn't he wonderful? don't you want to join his commune? did he clap politely for himself?
Post a Comment
<< Home